Friday 13 September 2013

Where does inspiration come from - and the thought of repeating history

It seems my blog is missing some words lately. Photographs are great, as are many millions of projects, but there is always something to be said for words - literally.
Okay, ignore that part. My point being, it is time to write again. At least, it will be soon.
I'm not sure what though. Something will come, and when it does, it will be, I daresay, a profound and relevant revelation.

Something new under the sun.
You know, something interesting that I have discovered lately, is that, despite what King Solomon stated in Ecclesiastes (there is nothing new under the sun) new things are being discovered all the time. A lot of old principles are being discovered, too, but new things are being 'created' inspired, etc.
Thinking on this topic the other day, I had been asking God for divine inspiration regarding some of my more recent artwork.
And yes, this may sound silly, but the thought did cross my mind that I would only be doing something re-hashed of something once done.
How silly of me! God has been showing me that despite ideas being repeated over time, there is still always something new - providing God is the inspiration leading you to that new something!

He particularly pointed out to me that being the God of creation, as He is, well, there just isn't anything He cannot do. So, well, if God made this earth, thought of all the incredible and amazing things we have around us today (I shan't list them all), how much more so can He still create, and reveal to us also!

God truly is the author of inspiration - when ideas dry up, ask God. There is no end to His ideas. To His brilliance. To the genius of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment