Friday 2 August 2013

Customised Horses.. the start of something interesting?

 SO why the sudden inspiration with horses?
Well, it's not exactly sudden. It's more along the lines of enjoyable experimentational art which involves the majority of people (Australia and otherwise) being generally mostly somewhat insane about horses (unlike myself, who, on the other hand, is that way about anything canine, unless it falls into the category of little white and fluffy dogs.. yeck)... and this seems to be the way the market falls at the moment.

If not since, like, forever. But, in saying that, I am actually really enjoying picking up again on my old hobby of collecting model horses. Ah, my childhood. I used to have 100+ model horses. Ah yeah.
Well, I can't say I own that many now, but re-looking at it has inspired and reminded me of many of those 'children at heart' who are out there, prowling around the internet, not to mention ebay, looking for any kind of 'customised' and therefore different model to add to their likel;y huge already collection.

That's where my current artistic/enjoyably artistic skills come in.

It's called customising. And, happily for me, it comes naturally.
Expect to see a lot more customs from me. Like a lot. Models, artworks... etc.
And not just horses - the horse phase is simply market experimentation.

For me - it will always be, always has been, my dogs. And dog customs just don't sell. Pooh. But I guess there's no harm in trying.

Keep watching this space for customs - non Breyer horses (gasp) which actually look pretty darn good.


No comments:

Post a Comment