Friday 21 June 2013

Restrictive Eating.... And Its Complications/Benefits... and learning how to eat again

                                           (Ah no, that's not me!)


I could talk about my diet for days and it might not make any difference to some people. To others, perhaps.

But, truth be told....

If it wasn't me, chances are I would simply smile and go on.

Listen politely, sympathetically, and think to myself, 'phew, what a relief that isn't my problem!' But the thing is, that oftentimes we simplify things that should be detailed and detail things that should be simple.

It is just too easy to 'smile and go on' when things don't affect us.  It could be anything, that affects some people and not others. Illnessess are only one example. How often do we simplify things that really need attending?!
And that's the other thing - I am certainly just as guilty of doing this than anyone. And..... I guess now, after having squelched and waded my way through this long, hard slog, I am beginning to see just how important it is to pay attention to some things, and not to take others for granted. Anyhow.

I eat a  very restricted diet.  If I didn't, due to ridiculous complications caused by constant vomiting, I would get dehydrated and die. Simple.  I have no choice but to eat restrictively.

But it's not that bad!

Amazingly, because of my current allergies, everything I eat has to be prepared by me with 100% original natural ingredients - so I know exactly what is in things. No nasty surprises = food stays down.

Apart from a few things, (like eggs, dairy and some fruit/veg), all the food I eat is as healthy as a health-freak could wish to be.  Haha - hilarious. Me, a previous white-chocolate addict, a health freak.
But hey - scrap the label - and you are just as normal as the rest of human scociety - only likely a very, very healthy version. Haha. Like me.
I'm not complaining. I actually feel the best I ever have. Woot.

The most difficult thing about a restrictive diet is finding interesting food! I miss so many things (like vegemite & Tomatoes) but am learning to enjoy others. (Including... hmmm )
Cooking without spices is also a challenge.

But it can be done!

Now I begin the voyage to returning to somewhat normal life with normal eating habits eating.... abnormal food! Yay, who wants to be normal anyway?

So follow me as I discover how to cook again - using allergen friendly ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment