Friday 28 June 2013

Experimental Art... Pixel Realism

Artists seem to have the ability to pull of just about anything....


......... with just about anything. 

I've seen some amazing art even simply drawn in the dust of a window screen - now that's talent.

Anyway, I'm not actually bragging, haha. I love and admire artists. Inspiring. =) This is, however, an artie post.

Time for some of my latest experimentation art pieces - using one thing only - digital pixels! Yeah, I know, theoretically, digital art is using pixels. Well, by pixels, I mean.... that is all I used in terms of shaping and shading. No dodging/burning (lightening/darkening) ares, no smudging, no colours, no this and that special effects....
In fact, these pictures are so simple they can be done with the oldest MS Paint programme and a magnifying looker. I did do these on Gimp simply because it has layers to play around with, but truly, you don't even need these. Oh. And all I used was a wireless usb mouse. That's it. Nothing fancy.

Enjoy. I hope, in future, to be good enough at these to make some amazing piccies... hope. Thing is, its just like pencil drawing, only probably easier. Colours are a bit harder to work with.
Comissions always open........


(German Shepherd Dog, Schutzhund training... 100% pixel art, highlighted with white. Black colour.)




(Bald Eagle, 100% Pixel art, highlighted)

Ah, there's always some new style to try out. I discovered white ash today. Exciting.... maybe I'll create a white masterpiece using backwards shading - highlighting areas instead of shading them. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment