Thursday 16 January 2014

Out in 2014 - the CollectA Australian Cattle Dog


New in 2014 - The Australian Cattle Dog by CollectA!

I, for one, will be looking forward to this new release. However, I will not know exactly what it is like until I own it, and that is probably a good thing for now.
There are things I am for, and against, about this figure.
(Please note: I love my 1:12 scale dogs to all resemble real life dog breeds and breed standards, and this is what I compare my models too. I do not intend to be picky of a sculptor's work, for, indeed, I would be (and am) picky of my own dog breed sculptures. All my comparisons are to real life dogs.)

Pros:
Yay, a brandmakes an Australian Dog breed!
Colour - not bad, although could use more white.
Head - very accurate.

Cons:
Narrow, sloping back, weak hind legs. Hind paw at a poor angle.
Erect tail - ACDs should not carry their tails erect, unless alert with head up, or showing agression
Body - too thin, ACDs are solidly built and shorter


A show ACD. Working ACDs may be lighter in build and taller, but still resemble this dog.

Another ACD. Somehow I think the CollectA figure's head may be out of proportion.

But nonetheless, I will be very interested to purchase this figure once it is released!

I will certainly include a detailed description and walkaround photos when i hold this model in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment