Sunday 13 October 2013

"From Your Dog"

Rooooo... I am your dog.
I love to lick you, its my way of saying hello. It's also because your face is tasty.
When I flick you with my tail its my way of tickling you.
That annoying thing I do when I sit on your foot - that's because I am protecting you from ants.
I licked your nose - oops! Aimed too high.
I love your face, it has hilarious expressions.
Especially when its me you are looking at.
Or, perhaps, the mess on the grass. About that...
It was alive. 
When I destroy things, it is to protect you.
Protect you from scary fluffy teddy bears.
Yep, even them, all cute and innocent.
When I choke on my food its because I have to hurry - in case you leave.
When I wag my tail I am humming a song... tadum tadum..
I really am quite musical.
Haven't you heard me bark?
Or sing - oh yes - I sing very well.
When I jump up with muddy paws, I am imprinting a hug on you.
Its really the best way to do it - dry hugs don't imprint.
When I stare into your eyes, don't go all soppy. I'm actually staring at the crumb on your mouth.
When I trow my head back and loll the tongue I am laughing.
And not just at life. Likely at you.
You are pretty funny.
When you hide, and I cannot find you, it makes me cry. 
I think you enjoy it. 
I will imprint another hug just in case you thought you could forget me.
When I scratch you, I am drawing.
Your legs are really good drawing boards.
Plus, your attempts at yelping are very funny.
You don't make a good dog - you walk past the sniffy dead things.
If I give you one, treasure it always.
It is a gift. 
If I take it back, it needed killing some more.
If you can never stop thinking about me, I imprinted my hug deep.
If not, let me try again.
OR how about the claw art?

Sincerely,

Your Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment