Monday 29 July 2013

A Masterpiece A Day - Monday




This week I have decided to do something a little different. Well, I decided a few weeks ago, but my idea required me beginning it at the start of a week and it was the middle.

I have set, (or am setting) a personal challenge for myself, to simply improve my art skills and techniques by experimenting with different styles, methods and outcomes. This includes using mediums I am not overly comfotable with, just to strecth myself that little bit more - and do what I always do - the same methods I have used to teach myself how to draw.

It's funny, I actually find my art improves when I am doing something different as I have to pay a lot more attention. No room for mistakes. Repeditive stuff, well, I let it slip a little.
There's no room for that now.

Time for my self-taught masterpieces.

One other thing. I will have each individual masterpiece up for sale.


Monday.

Today's Monday. Eeeh, Mondays. Well, yeah, enough said. The day aside, Monday still has room for artwork.  You see, for me, art isn't a job. It's not work, and I never want it to be that way. That's why I'd suck as a professional designer or something. No, My art needs to be free. It needs to be inspired.

My art is also my stress relief. The more art I do... the less stressed. (In theory, unless you say the opposite, I need more art because I am more stressed...) anyhoo.

Monday's Masterpiece.

"Tigress and Son"

Isn't she such a beauty?
My favourite part of this adorable loving pair is actually the cub. Small, shy, and completely unaware of the big bad world, he is simply focused on loving mum back.
And she loves him.
Touch. Smell. Taste.
He is her child, her offspring. She would give her life for him.
Love.

Companionship.
Togetherness.

This cub will grow up, become a lone and fierce tiger.

But right now, all he knows is mum.

And safety.

And home.



. Charcoal drawing, done using natural organic charcoal, black.

. Drawn on A4 sized heavy duty sketch paper.



















Photographs, and artwork (c) mine. Artwork currently available on Ebay.au.

No comments:

Post a Comment