Tuesday 9 April 2013

Weak

The opposite of strong.
And I do not mean simple not being as strong as the body builder on tv, or even as strong as someone who goes to the gym.
What about not having any strength at all?

I do not write this as a means to complain, or talk about just 'how I feel'. No. There is something much deeper here.

Have you ever felt weak?

Maybe it was after a time of strenous physical activity, like running a long distance or working hard all day. The end result is the feeling that your body cannot take anymore, and your legs feel as though they will pack it in if you dare ask anymore of them.

That is how I feel all the time.

Weak. 

Even walking is a challenge at the moment, and anything else physical is certainly out of the question. I spend the majority of my days at the moment in bed or in a loungechair. Comfortable... not really. But it beats being stuck in bed with nothing to do.
Part of me questions whether I am being lazy some days... and I attempt way too much. This results in me being stuck in bed for longer. Ah, so I am learning to listen to my body. I am also learning to listen to that still, small voice when I have nowhere to go, nothing to do, nothing to distract my mind with, and no one to talk to. And it tells me many things.

One of those things is simply the amazing fact that occassionally it takes something like this - being stuck, unable to physically move - to be still enough to one, listen, and two, actually be quiet enough to hear what the father is saying.

And really, it all goes back to how busy be are. We are just too busy. So much to do, so many priorities, so many plans, a long agenda. But how much of that is God's plan? Or have we, possibly, gone astray from His original plan in our own desire to be fulfilled, busy, have a job, and continue onwards in the mundane highway of our own making? How much more does He have in store for us, or wants us to experience, but we derail these plans He has because we are so busy and obsessed with our own?

It certainly makes for an interesting thought. I myself am guilty of having done this. I do not even suggest it do condemn - but rather, as something to think on.

So think on it - does it have to take a life-altering thing for God to be able to talk to us? Are we SO busy that He cannot get through? Or perhaps we should take the time to stop, and ask, and simply listen to whatever it is he wants to say - without prayer requests, whining, etc, etc. Simply listen. Be still. And know. Revelation will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment