Sunday 23 February 2014

Warm Chocolate Pudding - Dairy, Wheat, Egg, Nut and Sugar Free

It's not often I do the whole chocolate thing. Aside from only being able to tolerate cocoa in small amounts, it just generally doesn't agree with my system. I sometimes find that when, occasionally, I come across a food that isn't an allergen (i.e. actually stays down and doesn't come up immediately) it can have sad (other) effects. Cocoa, well, it simply spikes my body functions if I have it daily, so I rarely have it.
That aside, somedays I do want a sniff of cocoa powder. And to eat it.
Mmmm.
I invented this recipe ages ago but recently tweaked it to include lots of protein and other goodies. Don't shy away from the ingredients, it tastes amazing.
Eat warm with cream (if you can eat it), or honey, and set in the fridge to enjoy cold as thick, chocolate-y pudding - even better!


Warm Chocolate Pudding - Dairy Free, Egg Free, Wheat Free, Sugar Free


This version of my regular chocolate Porridge Pudding invloves some more protein and makes you fuller for longer! The taste is fantastic so, forget you are getting your serve of  veges too!

For this recipe, ingredients include:

.1/3 Red lentils, uncooked
. 2/3 Oats, rolled
. water 1-2 cups

Add lentils, oats, and water.
Cook all ingredients on low heat, stirring and making sure it doesn't burn - basically like making porridge. Once cooked into porridge consistency add 1-3 tablespoons of cocoa and stevia to taste. Add as much as desired.
Stir through, adding small amounts of water to stop sticking.
Cook on low heat, making sure lentils are no longer lumpy. Believe me - at this point you won't taste them.

Serve, allow to cool. Eat warm, or refrigerated.


No comments:

Post a Comment