Sunday 16 February 2014

The Simplest Profoundities - My Ditzy Darling

Ah, my darling. My Ditzy.
So much more than simply a cute face. She is my baby, yes, but most of all, she is my best friend.
How can a dog be my best friend? Well, she is. She has always been there for me when no one else was.
She has always listened. That's something I needed so badly when I had depression. A lot of people do. I know most dogs will sit with you and 'listen', but this one is something else. We have always connected, and she has always understood my emotional needs. It's like she was made for me.
She has always been there for me. She has always loved me. No matter the struggles of my life, no matter the struggles of my self, she always saw who I truly was - not who I saw. She loved me, for me, and nothing has changed to her. She has loved me, and I have grown to adore her way of loving.
Unconditional love. Sometimes I think God has shown me glimpses of His love through this dog. Of this unending love, which cannot be taken back because of wrongs, or deeds, or thoughts. It continues, on and on.
Many times, this dog has been prepared to give her life for me. To give all she has, all she is - for my safety, and for that, I am grateful. How much more has Christ done for us.
Another side of God through this dog is how she loves me. This dog adores me, as though I am her all. When I leave, she pines, and awaits my return below my bedroom, when I am with her, she is happy to sit and simply be. Yet it is a state of adoration - of worship, if you will - which displays how she loves. I believe God has shown me this is yet another lesson - this is how we should love Him. Forever trusting, unafraid when He is near, adoring, looking only at Him, and being completely content. This is love.

Sheer joy. Of happiness when I am with you, and thinking of you always. That is what I love about this dog. Not because she takes the place of God - no, never - but because she brings me to a deeper understanding of God - and life itself.


Lessons on Love. Perhaps we need these lessons far more than we realise.

No comments:

Post a Comment